20 things about me:
1. I am left handed like our current President but not like our last President.
2. I am convinced that the baby we lost between the bird and the bug was my long hoped for daughter. I have no facts to back this up but it is a comfort.
3. I bite my fingernails and nothing works to stop me. I’ve tried all the remedies and it seems I am destined to have stubby chewed nails.
4. I find the act of blogging to be ridiculously self absorbed and always feel slightly ashamed of myself when I finish an entry. And yet here I am. Again.
5. I love seeming to be organized, but in reality I am not so much. Because of this I am generally 5 to 10 minutes late for everything but stage management and wedding gigs. And the common areas of my house are tidy but my closet looks atrocious.
6. I bake on Thursdays. I don’t know why but it seemed the best day to do it. I generally make at least 1 loaf of bread.
7. Accepting Christ inspired me to get another tattoo.
8. I lived in London for a while when I was 23.
9. I’d really love to live there again before I die.
10. I am almost always humming a song.
11. I want to finish my Bachelor’s degree in something completely different from what I started, from theatre to Sustainable Food Systems and Nutrition.
12. Before I was a mother, I was, in no particular order, a Development Assistant, a bakery cashier, a waitress, a barista, a scene shop overhire, a stage manager, a ballet dancer, and a receptionist for a non-profit housing agency.
13. I am on the staff of our church’s college group. It’s my mission to talk to these young women about Jesus and feminism and finding oneself in Christ before church culture really starts to wear them down.
14. The part of my body I am forever stymied by is my hair. It’s currently about 16 inches long and I want nothing more than to chop it back down to 3. When it was short I fantasized about long hair. Stupid hair.
15. I once had my septum pierced. It looked rockin’ cool. Because of this I have discovered that women love nose piercings, men feel meh about them.
16. I will add up to 8 lemon slices in my iced tea and no sugar.
17. At one point (read: before I had a kid) I wanted to have 8 children
18. I have 8 tattoos and plans for at least 4 more. I have to like a tattoo idea for at least a year before I’ll put it on my body. I have broken this rule only once…see number 7.
19. I will re-read a book many many times if I like it. I thought this was a normal thing to do but it turns out most people don’t do this and that makes me sad.
20. I thought that eating canteloupe naturally made everyone’s tongue burn and itch but it turns out I was just allergic.
12 things I want to do this year:
1. Go back to school
2. Celebrate the new school year with my new kindergartner with a family feast
3. Develop a study on Ephesians 5 for my college girls
4. Renew our vows on our 5th wedding anniversary at our church
5. Celebrate my 30th birthday with a fancy party
6. Visit my in-laws in Michigan over the summer
7. Begin exchanging letters with a friend on a regular basis
8. Help the bird to identify all the letters of the alphabet
9. See my father more than once every few months
10. Get the husband a ticket to the F1 race in Austin
11. Write in this here journal at least twice a week.
12. Continue on my quest for femininity by wearing makeup, finding my style and feeling comfortable in my own skin.
In an absurdly self centered attempt to jumpstart my writing this year I give you a list of 20 and 12 things.